|Key Topic||Key Takeaways|
|Standard Sizes||No standard size, but 65-70 inches in length is recommended.|
|Key Factors||Consider length, width, storage, material, and piston strength.|
|Storage||Ample storage space is a major plus, especially hidden compartments.|
|Types of Ottomans||Storage ottomans and footstool ottomans are popular choices.|
|Practical Considerations||Perfect for small spaces, check warranties, and know where to shop.|
|Styling Tips||Choose complementary decor and consider adding a tray or throw blanket.|
|Common Pitfalls||Avoid size and storage mistakes, and ensure ease of transport.|
Hey there, snooze specialists and comfort connoisseurs! Lewis from Dream HQ here, and we’re about to dive deep into a topic that’s got everyone tossing and turning in anticipation: What size ottoman for a king bed? Oh, yes, it’s the furniture puzzle that’s been keeping you up at night. But fret not; by the end of this read, you’ll be drifting into dreamland with all your questions answered.
The Length of the Matter
Let’s kick things off by stretching out the topic of length. No one likes cramped spaces, right? Especially not at the foot of a luxurious king bed. According to esteemed sources like Style By Emily Henderson, Architectural Digest, and Havenly Blog, your ottoman should be at least 60 inches long. However, sizing it up to 65-70 inches is the golden ticket. Why? It’s all about proportions, darlings.
“The bench should be around 3/4ths the length of the bed.”
Now that we’ve sorted the length, let’s talk width. The last thing you want is your ottoman to become a clumsy, bed-capping monster. Again, the experts at Architectural Digest suggest your bench should be 6-8 inches narrower than the bed on either side. It’s like dating; you want enough closeness for comfort, but still need your personal space.
Ottoman Styles: A Smorgasbord of Choices
Ottomans are not just rectangles at the end of your bed. They come in all shapes and styles. From gas-lift ottoman beds to divan ottoman beds, you’ve got options, sleepstars!
- Curious about what an ottoman bed is? Check out our guide here.
- Wondering if they’re robust enough? Is an Ottoman Bed Strong? will put those fears to rest.
- Having troubles with your ottoman bed? Our article Why is My Ottoman Bed Not Going Down? is the troubleshooting lullaby you’ve been searching for.
Storage or Not to Storage?
We know, we know, who doesn’t love a little extra hidey-hole in their bedroom? But before you go choosing the Mary Poppins of ottomans, consider this: How much storage do you really need? We’ve got a treasure trove of tips on what to store in your ottoman bed and how to organise that newfound storage space.
Worth the Investment?
A Little Extra for the Curious Souls
For those of you still pondering the great ottoman mysteries, such as why they’re even called “Ottoman” to begin with, we’ve got all those quirky facts too.
Can’t get enough of Ottomans? Neither can we! Here are some external resources to keep your curiosity piqued:
Contrary to popular belief, there’s no standard size for a king bed ottoman. The sky’s the limit, or should I say, the foot of your bed is the limit! However, experts in the field do recommend a certain range.
- Length: Aim for at least 60 inches long, although 65-70 inches will give your bed that royal touch.
- Width: Keep it 6-8 inches narrower than your bed on either side. Nobody likes an overbearing ottoman.
Key Factors to Consider
So, you’re ready to dive into the ottoman ocean, but wait! Here are some navigational tools:
- Length and Width: Already covered, but so crucial it’s worth repeating.
- Storage: From hidden compartments to footboard drawers, it’s a Pandora’s box of possibilities.
- Material: Choose something that’s as tough as it is good-looking.
- Colour: Light and neutral tones like cream can brighten your room and your mood.
- Feet: Some come with hardwood feet for that extra dash of style.
The Storage Game
Speaking of storage, let’s delve into that a bit more. Ottomans are like the Swiss army knives of the furniture world.
- Hidden compartments for your secret stash of midnight snacks? Check.
- Drawers built into the footboard for spare linens and towels? Double-check.
Types of Ottomans
Before you get lost in a maze of options, let’s break it down:
- Storage Ottomans: These are the overachievers of the ottoman world, offering ample space to tuck away your treasures.
- Footstool Ottomans: Simple, elegant, and perfect for propping up those tired feet after a long day.
Ah, lovebirds, this one’s for you. When it comes to couples, storage is the magic word. Keep your shared space clutter-free with an ottoman that offers enough room for both your stuff.
|Length||At least 60 inches, preferably 65-70 inches.|
|Width||6-8 inches narrower than the bed.|
|Storage||Various options like hidden compartments and footboard drawers.|
|Material||Durable and resistant to wear and tear.|
|Color||Light and neutral, such as cream.|
|Feet||Optional hardwood feet for added style.|
Perfect for Small Spaces
Don’t let your small space put you in a big pickle. Ottomans can be your knight in shining upholstery here:
- Compact Size: Seek out little wonders that can nestle comfortably in your room.
- Multi-Functional: Ottomans that double up as seating or even a coffee table are worth their weight in gold.
- Material and Colour: Choose hues and textures that play nice with your existing decor. You don’t want your ottoman to be the room’s awkward guest.
The Storage Maestros
Ah, the maestros of the storage symphony. These are the ottomans that make Marie Kondo nod in approval.
- Hidden Compartments: Great for stashing away everything but your secrets.
- Footboard Drawers: Handy for bed linens and maybe a diary or two.
- Gas-Lift Systems: These hydraulic wonders let you lift the mattress with ease, revealing a cavern of storage.
The Pros and Cons
Sure, ottoman beds are the Swiss Army knives of bedroom furniture, but even they aren’t perfect.
- Versatile with extra storage
- Space-saving marvels
- Tricky to move
- Might be pricier than a traditional bed frame
Let’s talk warranty, the safety net of your ottoman adventure.
- Frame Coverage: The skeleton of your ottoman should definitely be under warranty.
- Lifting Mechanism: If this goes, the whole thing’s a flop. Make sure it’s covered.
- Additional Components: The more, the merrier when it comes to warranty coverage.
Ready to swipe that card? Here’s where you can go treasure hunting:
- Furniture Stores: The classic go-to.
- Online Retailers: For the savvy shoppers among you.
- Home Decor Stores: Sometimes, the ottoman of your dreams is sitting in a corner, waiting for you.
|Small Spaces||Compact, multi-functional, and complementary to existing decor.|
|Storage Maestros||Hidden compartments, footboard drawers, and gas-lift systems.|
|Pros and Cons||Versatile but can be tricky to move and possibly expensive.|
|Warranty||Coverage for frame, lifting mechanism, and additional components.|
|Shopping Destinations||Furniture stores, online retailers, and home decor stores.|
Style and Functionality
All right, Day Dreamers, let’s talk style! Your ottoman isn’t just a storage box; it’s a centrepiece, a stage for your taste, if you will. So let’s jazz it up:
- Complementary Colours: Your ottoman should be a team player, complementing your room’s existing decor.
- Tray Chic: Add a tray on top, and now you’ve got a stable surface for everything from teacups to trinkets.
- Multi-Role Player: Use it as a bench at the foot of your bed or pull a Cinderella and transform it into a coffee table.
- Accessorize: Throw blankets and decorative pillows aren’t just for your bed. Drape a few on your ottoman to make it extra inviting.
Ottomans are the Swiss Bank Vaults of the furniture world—packed with potential space. To get the most of it:
- Spare Bedding: Great for storing those extra quilts that Grandma insists on sending you every Christmas.
- Organisation Goals: Use storage boxes or baskets inside the ottoman. A place for everything, and everything in its place.
- Shoe Haven: Got more shoes than a centipede? Store them in your ottoman.
- Seasonal Storage: Rotate your summer and winter gear without cramming your regular wardrobe.
Your ottoman has aspirations beyond just storage. Let’s get creative:
- Side Table: Need a place for that lamp or alarm clock? Your ottoman is up for the task.
- Footrest: After a long day, prop those tired feet up.
- Extra Seating: When chairs are in short supply, your ottoman fills in admirably.
- Decorative Accent: Sometimes, an ottoman just wants to be pretty. Let it.
Watch out, snoozers! There are traps aplenty when ottoman shopping:
- Size Matters: Too big or too small can spell disaster.
- Style Clash: An ottoman that clashes with your room’s aesthetic is a no-go.
- Limited Storage: The whole point is extra space, so don’t settle for less.
- Mobility Issues: If you can’t move it, you can’t use it where you need it most.
Tech and furniture have tied the knot, and their babies are adorable:
- Charging Ports: Yes, now you can charge your phone from your ottoman.
- Built-in Speakers: Because music makes everything better.
- Ambient Lighting: Set the mood without getting up.
- In-built Refrigeration: Keep your drinks cool, literally at your feet.
|Styling Tips||Colour coordination, functional trays, versatile uses, and accessorising.|
|Maximising Storage||Storing bedding, organisation boxes, shoe storage, and seasonal items.|
|Creative Uses||As a side table, footrest, extra seating, and decorative piece.|
|Common Pitfalls||Incorrect size, clashing styles, limited storage, and immobility.|
|Trend Watch||Tech-savvy features like charging ports, speakers, lighting, and refrigeration.|
How long is a king size ottoman bed?
A king size ottoman bed typically measures 5’0″ x 6’6″ or 150 cm x 200 cm. Make sure to double-check the dimensions based on your specific manufacturer, as sizes can vary slightly.
Can you get a king size ottoman bed?
Absolutely, you can! Ottoman beds come in a variety of sizes, including single, double, king, and even super king sizes. Just pick the one that best fits your sleep sanctuary.
What is the size of an ottoman bed?
The size of an ottoman bed varies depending on the model and manufacturer. However, a king size ottoman usually measures 5’0″ x 6’6″ or 150 cm x 200 cm. You can also find them in single and double sizes.
How do I choose an ottoman bed?
Choosing an ottoman bed involves several considerations. You should think about the size that fits your room, the storage capacity you need, and the material of the ottoman. Also, consider the style that matches your decor and the piston strength for lifting the mattress.
How do I know what size ottoman to buy?
To pick the right size ottoman, measure the space where you plan to place it. Factor in the length and width, as well as the height of your bed frame. Make sure the ottoman size is proportional to both your bed and room. Don’t forget to think about your storage needs too!
Wrapping Up Your Ottoman Odyssey
So, snoozers, we’ve journeyed through the fascinating world of king-size ottomans. From exploring the standard dimensions to understanding the key factors that could make or break your ottoman experience, this was your all-in-one guide. We discussed:
- Standard Sizes: How there’s no one-size-fits-all and why 65-70 inches in length could be your sweet spot.
- Key Factors: Length, width, material, and more.
- Storage: How to be a storage maestro with the right ottoman.
- Types of Ottomans: Storage ottomans, footstool ottomans, you name it!
- Practical Considerations: From small spaces to warranties.
- Styling Tips: Making that ottoman the star of your bedroom.
- Common Pitfalls: Mistakes you should sidestep when shopping for an ottoman.
Daydreamers, whether you’re a couple looking for that extra storage space or someone trying to jazz up a small bedroom, an ottoman bed offers both style and functionality. And let’s not forget the tech-savvy trends sweeping the ottoman world, like built-in charging ports and speakers. Whatever your needs or tastes, there’s an ottoman out there with your name on it.
– Article by Lewis Hugh